Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whats the best sugar cookie recipe?

I'm making sugar cookies for christmas please tell me your best recipes. Please include temperature to back, amount of time to bake, and how many the recipe makes.


thanks:)Whats the best sugar cookie recipe?
Ingredients:


2/3 cup shortening


3/4 cup sugar


1/2 tsp. vanilla


1 egg


4 tsp. milk


2 cups self-rising flour





Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla. Add egg: beat till light and fluffy. Stir in milk. Sift flour; blend in creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Chill 1 hour. On lightly floured surface, roll to 1/8 inch. Cut in desired shapes with cutters. Bake on greased Cookie sheet at 375 degrees about 6 to 8 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from pan. Cool in rack. Decorate. Makes 2 dozen.





I love this recipe. This recipe was handed to me by someone in my family. I make it often. Soft cookies come out of it. This recipe is very easy and all ingredients can be found in the house so you won't have to go to the store.Whats the best sugar cookie recipe?
you should visit allrecipes.com. I found a sugar cookie recipe there. It's a cream cheese sugar cookie, weird I know, I'm trying it out now, but anyways, they had like I think 400 people review the cookie and it has like 4-5 stars. The site gives you the recipe, total time it takes to make it including preparation, the serving size, and sometimes nutritional info as well. The site is doing like an advent calendar except for cookies. Each day, a new cookie recipe is revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment