Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is your favorite rice crispy treat recipee cookie reciepe,well holiday dessert recipe?

I usually make a ginger bread custard cake ..I am feeling a little down since the loss of my son and I am looking for some insperation to help me get back to my christmas baking..if you have any that you would like to share I would love to hear themWhat is your favorite rice crispy treat recipee cookie reciepe,well holiday dessert recipe?
1 16 oz bag mini marshmallows


3-5 Tablespoons of butter (start with less and add more as needed)


1/4 cup organic crunchy peanut butter


2 heaping spoonfuls of ground flax seed





4-5 cups Rice Crispies


4-5 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios





Melt most of the butter over medium heat, then add marshmallows. Coat marshmallows with butter to avoid burning, and stir frequently. When the marshmallows are pretty much completely melted, add the peanut butter and flax seed and stir well. You may need to add more butter (this might be different if you use commercial peanut butter like Jiff since it has a lot of extra oil and fat in it). Pour the melted mixture over cereal in a large bowl. Add more cereal until you have the texture you want. Pour and shape into baking pans, let cool, then cut.





These are so delicious you will not want to go back to the traditional kind!What is your favorite rice crispy treat recipee cookie reciepe,well holiday dessert recipe?
Marshmallow Treats





Ingredients-


1/4 cup butter


4 cups miniature marshmallows


5 cups crisp rice cereal





Preparation-


Melt margarine in large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.


Add cereal. Stir until well coated.


Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares when cool.
I don't really like the taste of Rice Krispie Treats, so instead of using that cereal, I use Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles. The colors in the Fruity Pebbles are very pretty for parties and they taste better than just the plain cereal ones.





You didn't say how old your son was, but I'd like to offer this for you. Make a couple of your son's favorite cookies, or a cake and take them to your local children's hospital ward or Ronald McDonald House for their Christmas party with the donation made in memory of your son. Helping other children has always helped me remember that there are other families in the same situation or are much worse off.





I've never lost a child, but my son was was born with multiple birth defects that required surgery and numerous hospital stays. Some of the kids that were in the same ward are now dead from cancer. At least my son had a correctable condition and is still alive and ready to celebrate his 34th birthday. It was a very humbling experience for me and I never forget about the children!!

No comments:

Post a Comment