Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have a brown bag cookie art shortbread pan the recipe calls for powdered sugar can I use regular sugar?

And if so how much?I have a brown bag cookie art shortbread pan the recipe calls for powdered sugar can I use regular sugar?
no! definitely stick to the recipe cos otherwise there will be lumps which wouldn't happen if there were powdered sugar granules.I have a brown bag cookie art shortbread pan the recipe calls for powdered sugar can I use regular sugar?
I'm sorry, I have to agree with the others. You cannot replace powdered sugar with granulated. They are two completely different sugars. I don't know what the recipe is like that you're baking but I am sure that if you substituted it would turn out terrible. It looks like you need to make a trip to the grocery store. Try keeping all 3 types of sugar on hand at all times, especially if you bake frequently. To keep them fresh longer I keep mine in the fridge.
Way too different sugars.
yeah, jus sift it
The answer is no powdered sugar and granular sugar are different, stick to the recipe, if it calls for powdered sugar.





Someone will surely come along and tell you can, just by adding the granulated sugar into a food processor, it is NOT the same.





Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment