Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am looking for a recipe for a german cookie ?

the name of it started with a L and it has almonds grated , with normal stuff and you rolled it out and cut it out in a circle shape and then baked them . after they cool you put cherry preserves on one and another cookie on top and then you make a frosting out of powered sugar and water and lemon juice ? if anyone can help me thanks !I am looking for a recipe for a german cookie ?
What you are describing is known in my family as ';Terrassen'; = balconies), since one stacks one on top of the other. But my Mom never covers them with the icing, and uses different sizes, which is why my aunts family uses the term ';Pyramiden'; (=pyramids) for them. My roommate started her christmas baking a while ago, and we got to discussing ';Pl盲tzchen';-names, realizing her family uses a completely different name for those kind of cookies (Himmelsleitern= steps to heaven), and our third roomates family again has a different name for them.


It might also be the ';Linzer Pl盲tzchen'; someone else mentioned, but I have never seen them with icing on top anywhere. I am looking for a recipe for a german cookie ?
Maybe Lebkuchen? Here's a recipe I found --





http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RECIPES/RE鈥?/a>
Try doing a search for Linzer Cookies


Good Luck!
Sorry, I have no clue

No comments:

Post a Comment